A WREATH FOR MAMA[ A Felicitation]
All thanks to the almighty God for giving us an indeed glorious matriach in the person of "Mama Oboro" as we always call her in my homestead. It's the only name I have known her with though, until I came of age to know that "Mama Oboro" only means grandma in the village. Also, Little did I know that "Mama Oboro" simply means village mama instead we think as a child would that, "Mama Oboro" is the real mother we have to fall back on when the chips are down like an omniscient figure, thus, where we can always take refuge.
Without mincing words "Mama Oboro" is where the buck stops for motherly care and support. Mama is not just a loving mother but a wary and concerned one. She doesn't indulge indiscipline or illmannered children. In fact, anytime I was around "Mama" even though I regard her as a bigger mother I always check my excesses as a kid, then, so as to not receive some spanking. Mama helped me to see life as it truly is as she never condone any misdeed that dad or mum could have just let slid.
Finally, for the little time I have spent with mama I have really been privileged to see a true devotee to the Catholic faith who lived her life intoto to the tenets of her faith, by leading and showing the way through prayers, selfless services, generosity, tolerance, charity and love for everyone she accosts. On a final note, we pray that like the mother hen cocoons her chicks, may your spirit always shield your numerous children from malevolent hands wherever you are. Adieu granma Adenne.
Paul Chife,
Beloved Grandson.
Comments
Post a Comment