DREAM

 A contested illusion

When the dawn is rising

You endure but for a moment

I woke disillusioned

Failing to grasp you

Perhaps on purpose

Or rather to avoid comatose slip


Things of the world you reveal

Though may seem stupid

But never in all cases

Just the other day

I rose full of amazement

But disappointed 

Because you come like a flicker


My world has been damned once

But never in any ounce,

Of my own making

Its what I call servitude

Anchored by depression 

At times you feel like

Wreaking havoc

But the conscience

Is an object of divinity

Which calls you back to sanity


I have been to places

My eyes have seen

Spurious glances

Timid human beings

As well as audacious breeds

Hey! a holler from an ally

Hey! a stricture from a bully

The day is dawn

Time is a profound phenomena

Patented by the Western chiefs   

Accommodated by hope,

A meliorated morrow!!


#ObaluchiCraft

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Diversification: A Bliss or A Jinx

IELTS WRITING ASSESSMENTS II